Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What happens at the lake...stays at the lake!

So it's that time of year again!  Time for our annual trip to the lake.  Every year for the last 14 years...hold it, seriously, has it been that long since college?? UGH!  Anyway, I digress.  For the last
"several" years we have gotten together with our friends from college for some sort of trip.  It started out as camping by the Missouri River, turned into float trips and now we're renting a house at the lake.  I think you can actually see us age in that sentence!  The fact is we all need actual beds to sleep in and air conditioning, can you blame us??

I can't go into the details of what happens on these trips, first it would take too long and second you really would have to be there to understand:)  Let's just say it involves cocktails and a lot of stories about the good old days!

Last year I started making cookies for us to munch on.  I thought flip flops were appropriate since we spend a lot of time at the pool or in the hot tub:

In case you didn't notice, we're from Missouri, home of the Missouri Tigers.  We truly love the Tigers, even though you may not believe me when you hear my husband yelling at the tv when the football game is on!  So this year in honor of our Tigers I made tiger stripe cookies...GRRR!
I'm not sure what my next project will be yet but I'm excited to find out.  I may try out these yummy sounding s'more cupcakes by Glorious Treats.  She has lots of great recipes and advice.  Oh and an update on the business venture.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the county about my door so I'll keep you posted!  Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment